Title: “God’s Three Goals for Your Life” – Sermon by Jeff Piepho (April 30, 2023)
In his sermon from the series “1 Corinthians (Jesus Above All Things)”, Jeff Piepho delves into 1 Corinthians 10:23-11:1 to illuminate three essential life goals for Christians.
1. Living for God’s Glory
– Key Verse: 1 Corinthians 10:31 – “So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.”
– Piepho stresses that every action, even if permissible, should reflect God’s honor. He challenges believers with the question: “I have the RIGHT to do anything, but does it glorify God?”
2. Do Not Cause Anyone to Stumble
– Key Verse: 1 Corinthians 10:32-33
– Piepho underscores the call to avoid actions that could harm others’ faith. He prompts believers with: “I have the RIGHT to do anything, but does it cause someone to stumble?”
3. Seek the Good for Others, Leading to Salvation
– Key Verse: 1 Corinthians 10:33b – “For I am not seeking my own good but the good of many, so that they may be saved.”
– The third goal is to prioritize others’ salvation above our desires. Piepho asks: “I have the RIGHT to do anything, but does it help people get saved?”
Using additional scriptures from Hebrews, Romans, and Revelation, Piepho emphasizes that Christian freedom isn’t for self-indulgence but to purposefully display God’s love.