Immediate way to help: Purchase gift cards or toys for, or donate to, the “Blessed Hope Family” Adoptive/Foster Family Support Group in Salina, KS! They provide support, resources, and host events for foster & adoptive families. This group is local to our community.
Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans…
8 Ways to Help Children in Need
- Pray for them. Find children at http://adoptkskids.org/
- Speak up for them. Tell others the importance or become a court appointed advocate (NationalCASA.org).
- Provide financially. Give to the church where a portion goes to orphan causes, give to the BIC Spice program, provide for those who can do foster care or adopt, share in a child’s adoption fund (Reece’s Rainbow).
- Support those who help orphans. Mow, baby sit, organize meals, give gifts cards to adoptive/foster parents. Have a shower for a family adopting a child of any age.
- Become a foster parent. Adopt a child. Do the MAPP class: Contact St. Francis (st-francis.org) or TFI (tfifamily.org/) or review adoptKSkids.org
- Mentor and care for them by forming a relationship with a foster/adopted children.
- Support and care for birth-parents who placed or are placing a child with an adoptive family.
Do you have questions? Pastor Jeff has adopted 5 kids, and has fostered 50-60 children! He would absolutely love to talk about this with you. Contact Revolution Church!
Real pictures of kids who needed to be adopted, in Kansas: