What’s the best way to genuinely love life? How do I find happiness and blessing?
Solomon was tested by the Queen of Sheba, but he answered every difficult question posed.
The Queen of Sheba sees all of Solomon’s amazing life, and is most impressed by his wisdom. That’s the real issue here – Solomon had wisdom from God that lifted his life up.
“For a happier soul make wisdom your goal!”
How do we get wisdom?
- Desire it (Prov 4:8, Prov 1:20).
- Know the words of God, the law of the Lord (Psalm 19:7).
- Accept correction, discipline, and advice from other people – especially people who know and love Jesus (Prov 12:1, 15:22).
- Pray for it (James 1:5, Eph 1:17).
- Think about my death, and the shortness of life, often (Psalm 90:12).
- Pursue Jesus with more intensity than the Queen of Sheba pursued Solomon (Matthew 12:42).
Wisdom not only brings me blessings, but it brings joy and life to everyone around me. I can be a source of happiness to others if I get wisdom.